More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Friday, June 16, 2006

WIP Killing!

Yay! I'm so relieved I've finally finished something that wasn't an ornament or an RR I think its been awhile since I've had a good happy dance!

Last night I could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel with Montreal Sampler by Jeannette Douglas c2005! I was down to the last two trees, the blackwork band and the herringbone stitch band... and beading of course! I started the beading at around 11pm last night and finished up about 12:15am. Unfortunately my photograph does not do this piece justice! (I'm thinking its time to replace my 5 year old digital camera) I have to say I really enjoyed this piece as I have every Jeannette Douglas Design I've stitched. Montreal Sampler was a class I took at the end of April as part of the Lakeshore Guild's first retreat in Chateguay, Quebec.

It was a great stitch, with lots of fun colours as usual! The bands each represent different aspects that make Montreal so special. I not only wanted to stitch this piece because it was one of Jeanntte's classes (great teacher by the way!) but because Montreal is where I was born! So I've now done a sampler of my birth city, one of where I live now (Ottawa) now I need a Dallas Sampler, as I lived there for a few years during my teens. Then everything would be perfect!

Now I do have to say that Ottawa and Montreal Samplers compliment each other nicely and I'll have to find a frame that does both of them justice... I'd like to hang them together.

I was going to start one of Jeannette's neelderoll ornaments tonight but some stash came in the mail yesterday and I really like one of the freebies they included. I really like it so I'll stitch it up this weekend, its a lovely blackwork tudor rose. I've picked 3 colours to stitch it in instead of the traditional black.

I'm not sure which WIP to kill next, do I kill Noah's Submarine, Celtic Banner, or Celestial Dragon???

9 comments:

Katie said...

bCongrats Dani, it looks absolutely stunning!!

Karen said...

WOW! I love it! Congrats on finishing it.

Thutmosis said...

It's beautiful, Dani!

Carol said...

Very pretty Dani :-)

Peg said...

Very pretty. I just love some of these band samplers that are coming out.

Stacey said...

My vote: kill Noah's Sub!:)

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Congrats on the finish! It is a great piece.

Katrina said...

what a great sampler Dani, looks like it would have been alot of fun stitching it with all those neat colours, enjoy your week :)

Anne S said...

Your Montreal Sampler looks awesome - definitely worthy of a huge rip-roaring happy dance! :D Way to go!!