More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Time Warp... Day At The Zoo

Today I got my first e-mail asking me if I was okay (thanks Dan!) I've not blogged in over a week now. So what are my excuses? During my vacation I was tired and busy, since I've gotten home... I've been just plain tired/exhausted! I haven't had the energy to go through my pictures or the inspiration to blog.

A lot has happened since my last entry, like I mentioned I went to the Jacksonville Zoo last Tuesday. That's what I'll show you in this entry is my visit to the zoo. My next entry will be about mine and Claire's little day trip to St. Simon's Island, Ga. Then it will be my last full day in Jacksonville which we went to the beach. Friday I flew back to Syracuse, hopped into my car and went to a stitching retreat in Brighton! Which is why Dan was checking in on me I've not posted any of those pictures yet! LOL poor Dan he wants you all to see the mouthwatering meal he made us! Soon Dan!

After this last week of a lot of meals out, and the B&B weekend I wasn't surprised to find out at my WW meeting that I put one pound. Which to be considered isn't really bad.


Now onto my day at the Zoo. For a second day in a row I was up early to drive Claire into work so I could steal her car. I got to the Zoo just before it opened, LOL actually I was the second car in the parking lot! I decided to go for the whole shebang when I was there, I got entry to the zoo, the train ride, and I got to pet the singrays.
The day started out beautiful and sunny with temperatures in the low to mid 70's. But as the day went on towards lunch things clouded over and I started to worry that I'd get rained on, but mother nature took pity on me and kept the rain away.


Here's a sample of the 530 pictures I took!

17 comments:

Gabi said...

Oh my gosh Dani, you are a good photographer. You took so beautiful pics. I enjoyed all of them. It seem you sure had a great time on your vacation. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of the jaguar. You took great shots of all the animals. The bird with the fancy plume sure is pretty.

Lillie said...

Awesome pictures ! You are really good with the camera. Hope you are feeling good from all the travelling.

Cheryl said...

You've taken such great pictures Dani!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pictures, Dani! The one with the two huge parrots is my favourite - they're really impressive when you see them up close. I hope you're feeling less tired now.

ollie1976 said...

Great pics Dani!

Rebel In Ontario said...

Lovely photos as always! Can't wait to see the rest of your adventures. And good work on only gaining 1 pound...that is quite a feat! Glad to hear you are alright, I was starting to worry as well, but I know how busy I have been so I'm not surprised you are feeling the same.

Chiloe said...

Thanks for the pics: you're a talented photographers ;-)

Sally said...

Wow, Dani, your photos are amazing!

Angela said...

Looks like you had a lovely day! Love all your pics but especially the Parrots and the Rhino! I've always wondered what type of camera you have?

Jo said...

Beautiful photos. Glad you had a great trip, can't wait to hear more!

Leah said...

Great pictures, Dani...thanks for sharing!!

Marie said...

Wow, you take REALLY nice pictures! What kind of camera do you use?
Looks like you had a great time at the Zoo. :D

CindyMae said...

Those are fabulous pictures!!! Wow! I almost felt like I was going through the zoo right now as I was looking at them! Glad you are ok and hope you can get rested up!

AnnMcD said...

Great shots Dani. I must admit I love zoos as well.
Dan really was worried about you!

Anonymous said...

What fabulous photographs! Looks like you had a great day out.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your zoo photos are ... WOW!!! Um, did I mention they're awesome ... wow! ;P Seriously, I love every single one of them ... I was just saying to Mum yesterday that I want to go to our Sydney Zoo on my days off work, and now you've just confirmed that as a "must do"! :D