Though there were some high points this past year that I am proud of, it felt like this year was full of trials and tribulations for me, my friends and family.
2011 In Review
I'll be linking to previous year's blog entries if you're curious about what I'm talking about
My hobby, obsession, favourite past time! Through this little "x" made with thread on fabric I have made amazing lifelong friends!
- Despite the ups and downs that life threw at me I kept stitching through it all!
- I only had one big finish in 2011, Art Deco Spirits
- Though I only had one big finish, I had a total of 46 finishes, mainly smalls, ornaments, and quilt blocks
- I had started Enchantment of Winter planning to have it finished for my Dad's 70th Birthday in November, but as you know I'm still working away at it.
It was a good year for me for travel, I had some great adventures and met some awesome people!
- I went back to the Dominican Republic for a second time, took another group of students on the Dominican Experience.
- I got to spend a fantastic March Break with Kathy in Arizona! I was so lucky that our friend Judie timed her trip to Phoenix to overlap mine. We had a fantastic day meeting up with another snowbird Angie, and locals Annette and Bette!
- Todd and I had a wonderful adventure in Quebec City with Bonnie and Blair.
- Bonnie and I continued our adventures with a trip to Wonderland and Georgian Bay to visit Sheila (no blog)
- Besides these great adventures, there were the fantastic stitching get togethers with my friends, and retreats! I look forward to repeating those this year!
This was a big year for me when one of my forms of exercise became bigger in my life. I took up running a few years when I realized just how many Activity Points (Weight Watchers) you could rack up! I took it to a new level this year when my good friend Amy challenged me to my first official race!
- May I ran my first official race, the Ottawa Race Weekend 10K. A very emotional moment for me, to be running with thousands of people! To run a whole 10K race, without stopping crossing the finish line 71 minutes later! Which is fantastic for me!
- July I ran my second race this one was just for fun, The Perth Kilt Run where I was part of a Guinness World Record! This was 8K of hell for me, it was the worst run I ever had, it was 30c at 6PM and I sware I died several times!
- September despite every excuse in the world not to I participated in the Army Run Half Marathon crossing the finish line in 2hr 49 minutes, having run the first 14km and walk/running the last 7.1km
- October was my final run for the year, Run For the Cure, and my 4th year doing this 5K charity run. I fundraise for this one and I beat last years total, raising over $1,600 for breast cancer research. Not only did I fundraise but this year I organized an Almonte Taekwon-Do team which was 16 runners strong and we raised almost $3,000
About 4 years ago I lost over 60lbs with Weight Watchers and became a lifetime member its been a struggle ever since.
- February saw my lowest weight ever, 142 lbs
- April saw me put on 7 lbs in two weeks
- By the end of October I was up 10 lbs over my goal weight (145)
- My Weight Watchers leader is right, when you kinda sorta try to loose weight, you get kinda sorta results
When Life Kicks You In Ass
Unfortunately life isn't all ups, there's also the bad moments.
- In March, after coming home from the DR and before leaving for Arizona I had to put Cuddles down. He was old, and not well but it still came as a huge shock to us. He was my first pet after I left home. We still miss him.
- At the end of August my Mum who had not been well all summer was hospitalized until the end of September. This really took me quite awhile to recover from myself. She now has a lifelong condition to deal with but she's doing an amazing job!
- At the end of November the treadmill died and its been a whole saga trying to actually get my new one delivered in one piece!!!
- A week before Christmas the washing machine decided to die too, but we've got a new, working one now!
Despite being said over the loss of Cuddles the adorable, Devil Cat, Zeus who we thought was a boy and ended up being a girl (Zeusie) joined our lives.
Looking Forward to 2012
- Crazy Challenge 2012, 15 starts in 15 days!
- Finish Enchantment of Winter
- Finish 2 pages on The Accolade
- Stitch 12 ornaments
- Ink Circles Seasonal Mandala SAL
- Get back to goal weight, as of my home weigh in yesterday, only 5.2 lbs to go!
- Get back on treadmill when new one arrives and if it arrives in one piece
- I've given up my gym membership, I was lucky if I was getting there once to twice a week.
- By giving up the gym I'm hoping to focus a little more on running and training more than once a week at Taekwon-Do. I just had too many balls in the air and wasn't focusing on any one thing properly.
- Teach Taewkon-Do once a week and try to train on average 2-3 times a week, working towards my 4th Degree Black Belt.
- If possible attend an International Instructors Seminar, I need it to test for 4th Dan.
- Run Ottawa Race Weekend 10k in under 70 minutes
- Run Perth Kilt Run, just have a better race!
- Run Army Run Half Marathon, run entire distance finish in 2hr 40 min
- Participate in Run for the Cure for my 5th year, raise over $1,700 and Captain the Almonte Taekwon-Do team again
- Be Happy
- Be Happy with my body not matter what shape/size it is, don't obsess over the scale
- Continue to find new challenges
- Be thankful for : Todd, my family, my friends, and good health!