More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Long Awaited Happy Dance

This is a long awaited Happy Dance!  Every New Year's Day a group of my "local" (Eastern Ontario) stitching friends and I start a new project and its always a stitch-a-long.  Sometimes its a paticular chart, sometimes a specific designer, and every now and then a theme.  We have a get together every Labour Day long weekend at Kathy's and this is where we discuss/decide/dictate what the SAL piece is going to be on New Year's Day.

 Stitching Row
c2010 Bent Creek
Stitched on: 28ct Moon Princess Jubilee
Stitched with: GAST, Carrie's Creations, WDW, and Kreinik

On January 1, 2014 many of the members of the "Travelling Stitcherhood" as we have dubbed ourselves started Bent Creek's Stitching Row.  I of course then got wrapped up in other projects and ignored it until this past weekend where I managed to finish it very quickly!


I just love this piece and I had so much fun picking custom colours for this one as Bent Creek's version was just so ... ahem... my apologies... dull!


I of course needed to bling it up and the swirls were perfect for that!  I also love the touch of Krenik I used to sew on the button for the letter "O".


There's so many great little stitching details on this piece, from skeins of floss, needle and thread, and a lovely pair of scissors with a cute strawberry fob.  I also stitched the letter "D" in a different colour from the most of the letters for my first name "Danielle"


If you're thinking about stitching this piece, pull out the chart, don't be afraid to play with your stash of threads and be creative!  Though everyone accuses me of being a fast stitcher it is a great quick stitch!  When framed this is going to look great on my wall of stitching related pieces!

37 comments:

Christine said...

Great finish Dani, I love the way you've personalised it

cucki said...

Great finish my dear..so sweet x

Julie said...

It really lovely Dani.

Annie said...

It's wonderful! The close up photos really help show the special features.

Denise said...

Very cute! And love your color choices!
Happy Stitching
Denise

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations on your finish! Your color choices are wonderful.

Vickie said...

Oh I love it! What a cool pattern Dani.

Deanne J said...

Great finish, this is on my long list of patterns to stitch

Ann said...

This looks wonderful--really like the way you changed it up to reflect your taste!

Carol said...

These colors are much more "you," Dani!! What a great piece... Congratulations :)

Anonymous said...

That is ADORABLE!!! I love the little skeins of floss. The strawberry really pops out with the colors you chose.

GOOD WORK!

Vicky L said...

Your finish is beautiful! I love your color changes!

Bea said...

Beautiful finish - great colour choices. I really like your personalizations.

Claudette497 said...

Happy dancing with you! It's a great finish and your enhancements are brilliant!

Lulu said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish!

Bekca said...

Congratulations! It looks amazing :)

Justine said...

Beautiful! I love the sound of the Travelling Stitcherhood.

Annie said...

Very cool piece. Love those blues and purples!

valerie said...

Great finish Dani!

Jan said...

I like it! The colors are just beautiful.

sharine said...

Great finish:)

Barb said...

What a great finish!!!!

Meari said...

Congrats on a great finish!

Angela said...

Congrats on a fabulous finish! I love everything about yours from the fabric to the floss colors :) I would have never looked twice at this design before seeing your finish!

Brigitte said...

Congrats on this pretty finish. It's fun to see how you embellished it with your threads and all the little details added. A beautiful piece.

Annette-California said...

Very beautiful finish Dani! LOVE all your special touches and colors.
Fabulous!!! This was my first finish that got me back into cross stitching in 2011:)
love Annette

Bonnie Brown said...

Yay!! Congrats on the happy dance!
Love the changes you made.
Can't wait to see them all together and see the differences.
This was a great and fun stitch :)

Sally said...

Lovely finish Dani :)

Andrea said...

A wonderful finish.

geeky Heather said...

Congrats on the finish, I love the changes you made!!

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finish Dani.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congrats on the happy dance! It looks great with the silver swirls. I also like the little skeins of thread.

It will be tricky to frame without going for a custom built one. Any finishing ideas?

Melanie said...

Love it!!!!
How can I not own this pattern yet??? It's adorable.

Karoline said...

Lovely finish, congratulations

♥ Nia said...

A lovely finish!!! Congrats sweetie :D

Sharon said...

Beautiful finish Dani!

Lelia said...

This is so lovely. A friend of mine gifted me with the pattern and I had forgotten all about it until I read / saw your post.

Beautiful stitching!!! job well done