More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, July 06, 2014

New Start - Travelling Pattern

Quite some time ago I'm embarrassed to say I was the next person chosen for a travelling pattern.  I received it shortly before I started TW's Birth Announcement, I should of started it when it hit my doorstep... but I didn't.  Once I started Birth Announcement I had a serious case of tunnel vision.  No other project would do!

So finally I've started Little House Needleworks which I received as a travelling pattern from Valerie in France.  Keep an eye on this space over the next little while because once I'm done you might be the next lucky stitcher!



Here's my floss toss before I started it last week.  I'm stitching it one strand over two on 40ct tanzanite linen. I was able to pick up all of the floss colours sometime ago at Stitcher's Garden in the Syracuse, N.Y. area except for Crescent Colours Clay Pot... I just picked a nice bright red out of my stash to replace it, GAST Buckeye Scarlet.


As you can see I've not managed to get too far on it.  I've been exhausted this week so I've not been able to do hour upon hour of stitching in the evening and this weekend was busy with a day out fishing with Todd on his new bass boat.  Today I spent the day with Tracey doing some puttering around town and lunch out before she heads East for the summer.

Todd's dream came true this year with the boat (almost) of his dreams (the dream boat wouldn't fit in the garage)

 Ready for a day out on the water!

 The fishing was slow, and Todd was the only one catching the few fish that we did get

 When I got bored of not catching any fish, I pulled out a little stitching!

 A little visitor

 The end of a wonderful day on the water (despite the poor fishing)

In a few more weeks I'll be starting my summer travels, and I can't wait!  I'll be travelling down to the Charleston S.C. area to visit with Claire and wee Zachary the last week of this month.  Then I'll be following Tracey out East again.  Though I'll be going back to the same places I went to last summer, I can't wait to go!

I'm also looking forward to my travels next year as well! Yes I've already got stuff booked!  Of course I'll be going back to the Dominican Republic for my 6th year in February with 15 new students.  I'm also very excited that I've booked my flight to Yuma, Arizona for March Break!  I'll be spending a wonderful sunny week with Kathy, my very special friend!  I'm hoping there will be a road trip to the Attic for a little stash shopping!

I'm going to be spending far too much time on planes in the next year but I'll love it in the end!!!

24 comments:

Barb said...

What a nice start on a cute pattern! It sounds like you are going to be quite the traveler!

cucki said...

Sweet start on the cute stitch..I
Love your journey so much
Big hugs x

Julie said...

Lovely travelling pattern and such nice pics of your day on the water.

Bette said...

I do wish I could see you next year if you go to the Attic but I will be in Denver then. Love the new start. It's so pretty.

Cole said...

Looks like a perfect day on the water!

Susan said...

Very nice start. I use the slow fishing time to catch up on my reading - haven't dared to take any stitching on the boat with me.

Bekca said...

Travelling is the best! It's sounds like you've got some great adventures in the pipeline :) I love travelling patterns, it's so interesting to see how different stitchers choose to create the same pattern.
Best wishes.

valerie said...

Great new start Dani! And congrats to Todd on his boat.

Carol said...

You'll have some very special times on that new boat, Dani--how wonderful that he was finally able to purchase it.

Have a wonderful visit with Claire and little Zachary--I'll bet you can't wait for her to open you special gift :)

Donna said...

Argh. I accidentally deleted your comment on my blog. Sorry. No way to recover on my phone exchange, moving car, etc.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Looks like a nice simple pattern after the complexity of the Birth Sampler!

Rather envious of your travelling too!

Linda said...

Great new start Dani. Your day out with hubby looks like a lot of fun.

Linda

bonnie said...

looks like you've got a great start,happy travels to you and yours!!!

Meari said...

What a cute traveling pattern. I don't think I've seen this one making the rounds.

Sounds like you've got a full summer of travel ahead. How fun!

Frances said...

What fun adventures to look forward to! All sound great!
I like the sweet little pattern--it will probably stitch up quickly for you when you get going!! Cute!
It looks like fun on the boat! I'm in Mississippi and boating is one of the few ways we can stand the summer heat!!!!

♥ Nia said...

You even stitch on the water! :D heheheh
Lovely new start :)

Joysze said...

I know all about tunnel vision when it comes to stitching. Start looks great! :D

Enjoy your upcoming vacay!!

Nic said...

Looks like a good day to be out on the water.
Maybe Todd's stealthy hidden identity look was the reason for his success.
Enjoy your summer travels

Lillie said...

Very nice start on the pattern. How exciting and fun on the boat. Todd must be so thrilled with his new toy. Enjoy many more wonderful moments.

Angela said...

Love your fabric/thread choices for the travelling pattern.

kathy b said...

I love to knit while my hubby fishes. Your stitching is lovely

Annette-California said...

How cool to stitch on the boat:) Darling chart and very pretty progress you've made.
Sounds like your calendar is full into next year. Congrats to your DH on his new boat - Beautiful!!!
love Annette

Brigitte said...

This is such a lovely pattern. Great start on it.
Very nice pictures from your day on the water. It must have been very relaxing.

Ann said...

Looks to me that you'll be heading to the water often! ;-)
Have fun stitching! ;-)