More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Travelling Pattern... The Pattern That Travels With ME!

There has been an awful lot of chatter about travelling patterns on my blog lately.  Today's entry is about a different kind of travelling pattern... one that is going on the road with me!


By the time you're reading this I'm working my way through security and customs at the airport, I'm on my way to the Charleston, S.C. area!


I'm excited not only to see my BFF from high school, Claire but the new man in her life, Zachary! The little man I stitched up Teresa Wentzler's Birth Announcement for.


I've decided while I travel this summer (I have more than one trip planned), I'm going to work on just one project.  Last summer I worked on Ink Cirlces Cirque des Circles so this summer its going to be Cirque des Coeurs.  One colour projects are just so much easier while on the plane or in the car.  I made a small start on it back in February when I was flying to the DR and haven't touched it since.  We'll see how far I get on this first trip... I've got a lot of stitching time, as I'm going to be stuck at the airport in Detroit for over 5 hours!  When I booked my flight, initially I had a barely 2 hour layover but Delta decided to change my departure time from 9:30am to 7:00am and since this is not a domestic flight, I need to be at the airport 2 hours early, which means 5:00am!  I've got to get up at stupid, dark, o'clock since the airport isn't right around the corner!


30 comments:

Deanne J said...

Have fun on your trip. Looking forward to seeing your progress on your travelling pattern

Annie said...

The birth sampler is stunning and I know your friend will love it!
Your traveling pattern is really pretty.
Have a wonderful time visiting with your friends, old and new!

Bonnie Brown said...

Have a great trip!
Can't wait to see pics of the little man :)
I also can't wait to see your progress on CdC.
Try not to kill anyone while waiting in Detroit :(

Xine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Xine said...

Love the CdC start. What floss are you using?

Vickie said...

How exciting to be personally delivering your gorgeous gift! Have fun!

Anna van Schurman said...

Have a good trip. Charleston is great! And so are babies. (As long as they belong to someone else. ;p)

Carol said...

Oh, I'll bet you can't wait to see the look on Claire's face when she sees that beautiful sampler in person, Dani!! What a thrill :)

Love that new WIP color--have a great visit in SC!

Sally said...

Have a great trip Dani.

Robin in Virginia said...

Have a safe trip and a wonderful adventure once you arrive!

Robin in Virginia

geeky Heather said...

Ugggghhhh...that is WAY too early to be up!! I hope you have a great trip, though! Charleston is so beautiful!

Angela said...

Have a great trip! Wonderful project to take with you :)

valerie said...

Hope you have a fun trip and visit with Claire! I am sure she is going to just love the birth announcement. Love the new project. I'm sure you'll make tons of progress on your layover.

Julie said...

Have a safe trip. Enjoy your cuddles with the little chap.

Nice travelling project.

Bea said...

Hope you have a great trip - there aren't many things better than seeing old friends.

That birth announcement is stunning! Great choice for your "take along" pattern.

Shebafudge said...

I look forward to seeing your progress on this. Hope you have a fab holiday. xx

Hazel said...

Both projects are stunning Dani. x

Jackie's Stitches said...

Those early alarms for early flights is so hard. I really don't like getting up that early!

Have a great time here in the south!

Barb said...

Happy and safe traveling to you! It's great to have a stitching project and a good book when you travel!

Linda said...

Enjoy your trip Dani. Get lots done in your travels.

Linda

Kathy A. said...

Safe travels! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see this one as it progresses. I love the red that you chose. It is going to be STUNNING!

Giovanna said...

Have a great trip - the travelling project looks lovely already.

Annette-California said...

Safe travels and can;t wait to hear what Clare thinks of her sampler:)
love Annette
ps love your travel project too!

Brigitte said...

That's a whole new notion of the "travelling pattern", lol. Well, I couldn't imagine to travel with a project that 37 colours.
Have a great stay with your friend.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Have a great trip. I can't wait to hear about your friend's reaction to the birth sampler.

I'm guessing DMC 115 for the Ink Circles project? Another one for us to enjoy vicariously this summer.

Karoline said...

Have a great time

Sara said...

Catching up on some of your recent posts, gorgeous stitching as always! Enjoy your trip and can't wait to see some travel pics when you get back.

stitcherw said...

Stitchers Row turned out wonderfully, love the changes you made to brighten and bling it up a bit. It will be such fun to look at when you're doing various stitchy projects and other times. Can't wait to see Cirque des Coeurs grow, with just needing to keep track of one color this would be a good traveling project. Your earlier finish of Circles was so pretty, will be fun to see how this goes. I'm not familiar with design for this one, so off to check it out :)
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just found your blog through Jacquie's.
You have some beautiful stitching on your blog and some great photos.
Lovely cats too.
Happy weekend (: