More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, July 03, 2005

One Last Day In Tennessee

Today is my last full day in Tennessee before flying back home tomorrow. We have a very early flight out of Atlanta tomorrow morning, 9:30 which means we have to be there at 7:30 which means we have to leave here about 5:30. Urgh. The Atlanta/Ottawa run only goes up in the morning back in the afternoon. So there's no choice! But the advantage is we'll be home by lunchtime!!!

It will be nice to get home and see my boys! Oh yes and to get some stitching in. This 6 day trip has been a very busy one for us. There hasn't been much stitching time. When I have managed to get some stitching done its been on Michael Powell's Mini Cottages 2 in the car. I made a counting mistake in the sky so I'll have to fix that before I can move on with it. I did bring Celtic Band Sampler with me but I haven't picked it up yet.

Lets see what's happened since I last blogged. Thursday we headed up to Knoxville, but not before we stopped for breakfast where I ate at an American Institution for travelers... Cracker Barrel! Whenever I've driven the American highways I've passed a million of these but never stopped. I have to say I had a very good breakfast there. I even found a little pressie for my Mum in the shop.

Once we reached Knoxville we checked into our hotel that we were staying in until Saturday. We didn't have much time to settle in before we were heading out to the Bride's parents house, the groom needed to try on his tux. The bride saw my bridesmaid dress for the first time as well. Myself and the matron of honour were quite releived she loved the dresses we chose. Then we were off in the car again, this time to the mall where the Groom had to get his tux altered and I needed to find something to wear for the rehearsal as everyone was dressing "nice". You see unless I'm told I have to get dressed up I will only pack casual clothing. My suitcase is full of shorts and t-shirts! I managed to pick up a nice skirt for a good price at J.C. Penny's that would go with a plain white t-shirt I packed. The skirt would of looked better with a fancier top but oh well you do your best under pressure. We had a little bit of time back at the hotel before we hit the road yet again.

This time we were on our way to the rehearsal. Which went without a hitch. Friend of the Bride and her parents hosted the rehearsal dinner. Boy we were treated well and I must thank them for opening their beautiful home to us with excellent food and drink! I know that EVERYONE enjoyed the evening. Finally it was time for us to retire to the hotel, where we congregated in the gazebo with adult beverages and talked until after midnight.

With the wedding being in the evening we didn't have to wake up super early... thank goodness! But the Bride and I started our morning with a swim in the pool then breakfast. Once we were showered and dressed for the day we were off and running, getting our hair done and off to the church on time. Boy did we get there just in time! Not for the wedding, but before the heavens opened up! While waiting for the rest of the wedding party I painted the Bride's nails. When her mother arrived we discovered she had found a veil outside on the ground! In our mad dash to the church we had somehow dropped the front veil! Next thing you know we're rushing around getting dressed, makeup on and getting photographs! Before you know it we're all walking down the aisle. I almost lost it when the wedding march started and my best friend and her father came down the aisle. She was beautiful!

The ceremony and reception went off without a hitch! The happy couple, myself, the groomsmen, my other half, and a couple of friends of the Bride's all went back to the hotel where we met up in the courtyard with all the adult beverages we could find, some games and some music. We celebrated early into the morning!

Saturday morning we all slept until as late as we could, checked out of the hotel and had brunch at the Bride's parents house. Before heading back to Chattanooga, I got to stop in Jo-Ann's I picked up that 844 DMC that I ran out of for Celtic Band Sampler, a couple of yards of fabric and a good deal on a kit to make a fleece ragged quilt! I can't even buy the fabric for that much! All I have to do is sew the pieces together and whoila!

Upon returning to Claire's we relaxed and napped the afternoon and early evening away. We ate dinner at Chili's where I discovered the joy of 2 for 1 drinks (you know the adult kind!). I have never, ever, ever, had 2 for 1 drinks back home! The rest of the night was spent relaxing and watching movies.

I'm not sure exactly what we're doing today. I think there's a trip to Wally World planned and a visit with Cindy of ECS!

1 comment:

Schokti said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Welcome home. Did you ever get your mudslide?