More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Friday, October 21, 2005

At Retreat!

Well I'm here in Ganenoque at the Ganenoque Inn! My retreat weekend has begun!

I got out of work at 2:30pm and picked Christin up from the bus stop. We were checked in by 4:30 and heading down to the stitching room, which was packed! We staked out our spots for the weekend while we waited for Chrisanne to arrive.


The St. Lawrence Room, our Stitching Room.

When Chrisanne arrived we all got down to work...


At 5:45 it was time for Wine and Cheese! Its a chance to wander around, chat and meet people!








And here's this weekend's guest instructor Jennifer Aikman-Smith of Dragon Dreams! Chirsitin, Chrisanne and I were lucky enough to sit with Jennifer for dinner tonight and had a super-long, lovely chat!

Of course as usual the food was to die for!

Appetizers : Tomato and Roasted Garlic Soup or Cesar Salad
Main Course : Pan Fried Catfish, Prime Rib, Roast Chicken, Rack of Lamb, or Pesto Penne.
Desserts : Warm Apple Crumble, Chocolate Mousse Cake, New York Style Cheesecake

So I had the cesar salad, Pesto Penne, a small serving of Apple Crumble and a half a sliced of chocolate mousse cake. A fantastic meal!!!

We then went back to the stitching room and did a little stitching when we decided to retire to our suite and chill, stitch, and watch TV.

Also this evening there was a "show and tell" exhibit where we could show off something(s) we've completed in the last year.







I got to become re-acquainted with an few old stitching friends of mine, a couple of models I stitched for Jennifer!


To Trim a Tree cDragon Dreams


Magic In My Needle cDragon Dreams


I also got to see Jennifer's newest release, I'll Make My Own Happy Ending

I'll Make My Own Happy Ending
cDragon Dreams

Tomorrow we'll be attending Jennifer's Class : The Time I Spend Stitching Sampler!

7 comments:

Carol said...

Ooooooo, another great report! Looking forward to the next one! Have a fantastic day tomorrow in Jen's class!!! Can't wait to see the sampler you will be doing :-)

Anonymous said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous

Gytha

Kali said...

Oh it looks like a great time! All the stitched pieces are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them :)

Gina E. said...

What a super event to attend! We have some good shows here, but I don't know of any big stitching weekend things like that. Although some friends who do patchwork sometimes mention weekends away with groups to do their thing...maybe I don't mix with the right crowd - lol!
Great photos, Dani.

Erin said...

Gosh, it looks like a wonderful place. So I went to Yahoo maps and plotted a route....I could be there in about 6-7 hours!! SOOOOO tempting....who knows, maybe next year I'll have to join you girls! I wish there were opportunities like this here. Too bad my LNS owner is such a bristly, unfriendly person.... *sigh*

Froggie said...

Thanks for sharing your photos. I can't wait to see more! I've never been to a stitching retreat. It looks like a blast!

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing all the pics, Dani! It looks like you all are having a GREAT time! :)