More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Friday, October 28, 2005

Finishing, Ormentifying and SBQ

Hello Blog readers first I'll start with the boring stuff, the Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week.

Q: Have you ever stitched something as a gift and later realized that receiver doesn't respect your stitched gift a bit (for example it's never on show, or you have other reason to suspect that it may even be nonexistent or at least placed in some dark storage room corner)? If so, what have you done? If you've been lucky enough to avoid such people what would you do if it'd happen to you?

A : I'm usually a pretty good judge of who is deserving of needlework and who is not. I'm not too concerned about what happens to small things such as ornaments, most are not a lot of work, nor are they finished to last a couple of hundred years (lots of glue!). As for the large pieces I've only stitched those for special people who would appreciate it. What if a piece wasn't treated appropriately, I'd flat out ask for it back simple as that. I'd right out tell the person that if it was going to hide in a closet I'd rather put it on my wall. What kind of reception that accusation would get I don't know.

Last night I spent my evening getting ready for Ormentification at Ann's on Saturday. I went through my stitched ornaments and quilting fabrics to match things up. Its fun picking just the right fabric for just the right ornament. I also cut my mat board backings for each one.



It also gave me a chance to go through my fabrics and pick a backing fabric for Chatelaine's Mini Mystery J... which I did!

I've been sitting at home today, waiting for Bell Canada to show you (you guys suck!). For the last week and a half I'm intermittently loosing my dial tone. When you live out in the country this is not a good thing! So much is dependent on a land line out here... phone (I get a poor cell signal), internet, even television (satellite). Anyhow this is my third request for repair. The last two calls I've told them they could not access my home until after I got home from work. I figured this time I'll stay home and see if they actually turn up!

Sooo while I've been home waiting I've pulled together everything I need to take to Ann's. I also did the finishing on the bellpull for Mini Mystery J. I'll be able to give that to Beth tomorrow!



While I was at it... I finished a couple of ornaments using the sewing machine...







Now I'm off to work on that stocking!

4 comments:

Anne S said...

What an awesome finishing day you've had ... the ornies look great! And the brown backing fabric looks great with your ornament ready to be finished. I'm about to finish my very first Christmas ornament soon - need to start pulling my finger out, Xmas will be here before we know it! You've given me inspiration to get cracking :)

Rowyn said...

You have some beautiful HDs!

Dawn T. said...

I love the ornaments! You did a great job.

Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finishes. The things you have prepared for your ornamentification looks great too.