More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Finishing HD!

Besides stitching while I'm on holiday I was hoping to get some finishing done. After spending the afternoon visiting a friend of mine and her two daughters I was in the mood to finish! One piece I was going to finish into a cushion, but I noticed it needed a wash. So its in a bath of Ovrus at the moment. I'll try and finish it tomorrow.

So I decided to finish my recent HD, the Dinky-Dyes freebie. I went through my stash of fabrics, it was a hard choice but I found the right combination. I had a little bit of trouble with the binding, but I got it in the end. Its now hanging in the bathroom where it works with the colour scheme in there.



Last night I got in a good stretch on Noah's Submarine, it took me awhile to find my groove... and find my way in that sky of 1/2 stitches! Once I'm done here, online I'll be pulling it back out... I haven't stitched yet today.

Oh yes! We have another victim to add to the Celtic Banner SAL list! There's me,
Christin, Carmen, Colleen, and now Abi. I'm looking forward to Sunday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks great, Dani! I've never worked with binding and it looks difficult to do, but you made it look perfect. :)

Von said...

Dani, your choice of fabric was right on!! Looks great and I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a long, long time!!

Bastet said...

Love the choice of fabric, you're right it's perfect! Never tried binding was is a bit of trouble?

BeckySC said...

It looks great, Dani! The fabric choice is perfect! Congrats to you :)

Dawn T. said...

That is stunning! You did a wonderful job!

Anne S said...

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow ... that's all I can say!! That piece just screams "me", I absolutely adore it - I love the fabric and the stitched piece, and the colours are just wonderful ... serious drool material!! :))