More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Question of The Week

Q : Have you ever been asked to do model stitching? Did you do it? If so, what was your compensation? (money, stash, etc.) If not, why not? If you haven't done it, if you were asked would you? Why or why not?

A : Well this is an easy question to answer this week! I have both been asked and I have asked. My very first "model" was Legends of the Dragons. I took it to my LNS to show a friend I was meeting up with and the owner offered me a discount on framing if she could hang it in her shop. So a number of my own pieces have hung up in my LNS. Next I went and found designers looking for model stitchers, a couple of times now designers have been referred to me. However I've not stitched any models since fall of 2004, I haven't really been looking or bugged the designers I've worked for in the past. I did model stitching almost solidly for over a year, and its nice at the moment to do some stitching for myself and for those who I'm close to.

Compensation... I've been paid (preferred method) usually the standard 1 cent per stitch. I have also been paid in stash a couple of times. There have been times that I've requested to be paid in charts from that paticular designer. There have been times I've gotten fibers and fabrics, but I have so much of those now that I'm not really interested in stitching for stash. Since I do my own framing now I'm not looking for a discount on that either.

No comments: