More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

SBQ

Q :When you stitch from a kit and use the supplied floss do you haveleftovers? If so, how much and what do you do with them? If not, do you usually have just enough or do you have to dig into your stash to finish?

A : I don't stitch from kits too often. I have several reasons why I tend to stay away from kits. I often don't like the fabric that is included. Frequently they give you aida which I'll swap out for a nice evenweave. Second is the quality of the threads supplied. Sometimes they're DMC and they're just fine, sometimes they're sub-standard threads that frey, knot and break easily. Third sometimes I've run out of floss, if they've provided DMC numbers I hit my stash and pull out some more. If they're not DMC numbers or any other recognizable brands then you have to sit around with your DMC floss card and try to make a match.

I shouldn't put down all kits. There have been times its included fabulous fabric and plenty of fibers... sometimes more than enough to finish the project. I have to say I'm not a stingy person when it comes to floss use, and I find nothing more satisfying than throwing out all the left over floss from a kit!

I've not stitched much in the last two days, I did get a wee bit more done on that TWRR. That's pretty much it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dani--I have been out of touch with my stitching blogs--your new design is nice!! Change is very good sometimes! Your Montreal Sampler is lovely!