More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Saturday, April 07, 2007

My Stash Challenge Is Over


If you're a stitcher that peruses a number of the online BB's on EZboard or Yuku you might of heard of the Stash Project Challenge. Essentially what it was that stitchers decided they needed to use their stash, instead of buy stash. Each stitcher would set a number (10, 25 and up to 50 projects) of how many projects they had to finish (any size) before they could buy new stash. Of course some people set up exceptions of special cases where they could buy stash.

I decided to join in on this challenge, but in a different way... I wanted to see how many projects I could finish before I bought any stash (I finished 14 projects). Well I've been having that clicky finger urge lately despite buying some stash when I went to San Diego in March (but that was my one exception). Today I finally broke down, actually I've been planning for the last month to break down over Easter as Stitching Bits & Bobs pretty much always has a sale during a holiday. At the moment SB&B has 20-25% off on everything so I decided it was time to buy the chart and fabric for the SAL my friend Kathy (who I visited in Arizona in March) and I are planning to do this fall when she goes back to Arizona for the winter.

So this morning I bought Paragdim Lost from Long Dog, a full yard of 32ct Queen Anne's Lace Joblean, 5 packs of Piecemaker needles and JBW Designs French Country Cat.

The next step for this SAL will be to decide what thread I'm going to stitch it with. This morning I printed out a freebie that I'm going to stitch... twice I have two potential fibres in mind. They're both in the new DMC overdyed line. I'm tempted to start these freebies today, but its Saturday I should be working on the Castle and cleaning my house!
Photo : Bird of Paradise - San Diego California, Jill's House

3 comments:

stitcherw said...

Paragdim Lost is going to be spectacular. Can't wait to see what color you decide to stitch it in.
Sue

Dawn T. said...

Congrats on getting the 14 projects done!

Jill in CA said...

Hey, cool, my house is in your blog! 14 is a LOT of finishes between stash purchases. Great job. :)