More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Small Easter Finish

As I said in my last entry I was stitching up a couple of hedgehogs to see what colour of floss I'll like best on the Queen Ann's Lace fabric I bought (I already have 28ct in my stash but Paragdim is going on 32ct). Today I stitched up my hedgehog using DMC Colour Variations 4130, it only took a few hours, and I've got the first few stitches in the next one... as for the third, I'm going to have to buy that colour. I thought I had bought the dark blue in that same DMC line, but apparently I didn't.

Hedgehog Quaker
c The Workbasket
Stitched on : 28ct Queen Ann's Lace Joblean
Using : DMC Colour Variations 4130
Finish #15 of 2007


From this photo you don't really get a true idea of how the fabric and fibre colour work. I'm quite fond of this combination so far.


Once I'm done here online, I'll pull Noah's Sub out and give it some of my attention. I'll pull that second hedgehog back out tomorrow.

10 comments:

Karoline said...

Cute hedgehog Dani, congratulation

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I've used this color and you are right it doesn't show up as nice in pictures as it does IRL...I'm anxious to follow your "experiment"!

Stitcher S said...

What a darling hedgehog, Dani! I love it.

Michelle said...

Don't you just love stitching that little hedgehog. I love mine! I think that's a great color combination for you - can't wait to see the other two. What are you going to do with your three hedgehogs?

CritterLady62 said...

Love your little hedgie! I'm anxious to see the other two.

Von said...

Yep! Very quick and oh so adorable. :D

Katrina said...

great stitching Dani, and what a good idea to use the freebie for trialing out which threads to use :)

stitcherw said...

The little hedgehog is very cute. This will be a fun one to do in the three color combinations you are trying to decide between. Have you decided how you're going to finish the three little guys off yet? I think all three in one frame with a mat with three openings might be cute.
Sue

Dawn T. said...

He is cute!

Carol said...

I love your little hedgehog Dani! I bet the dark blue DMC Color Variations would look great on that fabric :-)