More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

Q: Given the option, would you rather buy a chart and get the material and floss together yourself, or buy a pre-packed kit?

A : Well that depends. I usually like to kit things up myself because I have a considerable stash. Also I've know from past kits you sometimes get sub-standard fabric or floss. When I'm buying the bits and pieces I know what brand it is, if its good stuff or not. Also sometimes I like to change the fabric colour or the odd fiber and what's the point in buying the kit hwne you're chainging everything? I also have to say that charts don't take up as much room as kits!

However when it comes to the Chatelaine Mysteries I like to buy the kits from European Cross Stitch. The main reason is because the designer, Martina uses a wide range of silks that aren't always easy to get all in one place. Also she uses Delica beads and Swaroski Crystal which I wouldn't even know where to go to get it! I know from ECS I'm getting good quality supplies in my kit and its all packaged so nicely!

No comments: