More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Another SBQ - August 15th

Q : How did you get started stitching? Was there a person that inspired you?



A : Back in the late 80's when I was in middle school "Santa" (aka Mum) got a little cross stitch kit of a calico cat and put it in my Christmas stocking. That first project was a... ahem disaster. Since my interest was peaked my Mum got me a few kits from Wal Mart. Now keep in mind there wasn't a lot of cool stuff out there for someone to stitch in the 80's. Mainly pastel flowers, which my second project was. I messed up sorting the colours so off to the garbage it went too! My next project was a stamped kit, which after loosing interest went into my closet. Then it got moved from Texas to Ontario... the from my parent's house to my first apartment. I re-discovered that project in the spring of 1997 while I was between contracts in my field (unemployed). I can assure you once you've spent your morning searching the papers for any job you might be qualified and putting resumes in the mail, then cleaning a tiny one bedroom apartment, and going for a walk... there was a lot of day left. So out came the cross stitch project... and the rest is history!



This is the project in question, which now resides at my parent's house.

My model project is going very well, I'll be done in a day or two.

13 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

That is a cute project, are you able to share pictures of your model stitching? I also like your new look, very nice.

Louanne said...

Like your new template! That kitty is just too cute!

Anonymous said...

The new template is nice! It's easier to navigate.

Pretty kitty pic too. You did a good job on it.

Mary said...

The kitty and flowers looks great.
Nice blogs template.
Mary

glamlawlib said...

Love the new template, the bow on the kitty is v.eighties ;) Am playing catch up and went back a few posts your TW Peacock is just amazing! :)

Erica said...

Cute cat, but then I always have a soft spot for someone furry. :-)

My model is coming along well too - we'll likely finish within days of each other. :-)

Ranae said...

Love the new look!
The kitty stitch is adorable.

Hannah said...

Thank goodness for that day in 1997, eh? :)

Laural said...

Cute kittie! Good job on your model stitching!!

Claire said...

Oooooh! Love your new look!! Very nice:)
can't wait to see the model.

cheers

Unknown said...

I love the new look - but will you provide a translation of the quote you had previously - something about eyes?

That first project looks good - mine didn't for years and years.

Deb said...

Awwww....you were a good stitcher from the start, Dani!!
Hugs,
Deb

Beatrice said...

Your new look is Awesome.Very TKDish
The little kitty is so pretty.
As they say you were born a stitcher!!