More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Friday, October 05, 2007

Offically 1/2 Done!

Today was a PD day at work and for the first time in a long time I took a day of annual leave. I don't think I've done that in seven years. The result of being at home today of course is that I've managed to finish the backstitching on The Castle to date. This means I'm officially at the 1/2 way mark! Yippeee!


However shortly The Castle will get put aside for a short while ... this is why my October goal was to work on it not finish it. In the mail are the supplies for a model for the magazine A Needle Pulling Thread. Its got a very tight deadline so I'll have to drop all other projects until it is done. I'm quite flattered as they contacted me to stitch this piece.


I also finally got pictures of my Sweetheart Tree RR. When I started this last year I didn't really plan this RR at all. Actually to the point where I didn't realize that I didn't have enough fabric on hand. Therefore I had to improvise and use two pieces I had on hand which weren't quite the same white. However I'm pleased with what I got back. I'll have to eventually turn them into two bell pulls.
Next on my stitching to-do list is my Fair & Square round 3 piece since I've got that model on the way I want it done ASAP!

16 comments:

Dawn T. said...

Castle looks awesome, Dani! Your RR's look wonderful, too. Have a good weekend:)

Erica said...

Great job on the castle and the RRs.

Of course ANPT contacted you. I was asked if I knew of a top-notch model stitcher and yours was the first name I thought of! :-)

Beatrice said...

The RR's are wonderful and good for you on the castle
1/2 a happy dance for you!!

Ruth said...

Wow!!! Beautiful HALF-Yahooo-DONE dragon!!! Stunning bell-pulls-to-be!! Annnnnd a day off. I am terribly jealous.

Good luck with the model-- I hope it goes together fast for you.

BeckySC said...

WOW, The Castle is looking amazing, Dani :) The bellpulls are lovely :)

Aussie Stitcher said...

Congratulations on reaching the 1/2 way mark, it looks amazing. Love the RR pieces.

Kajsa said...

Your rr piceces are just lovely! Congrats on turning the corner on The Castle, that is a major undertaking.

Andrea said...

The rr pieces are wonderful. Great work on The Castle too. Good luck with your model stitching.

Lynn said...

I call those days off my mental health days!! And what a perfect way to spend it. The Castle looks awesome! Love the RRs too.

Wanda said...

The dragon is going to be awesome i is always a great feeling to reach that point! Love the bellpulls. The quaker freebie came from myauntsattic.web-log there is a lot of free charts there.

Jane said...

Wow! The castle and dragon are terrific! That is exactly the kind of things my daughter likes to stiich only this one is so much bigger! I just love TW and you have done it beautifully. The Sweetheart tree is coming along nicely as well. I can't wait to see them all done!

Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats on being half done! Your RR pieces are lovely, too!

Hazel said...

Some really pretty stitching here Dani. Well done on your progress. xx

Anonymous said...

Your Castle is looking good. I did that one several years ago. It was one of my favorite projects!

Cindy said...

Love your two bell pulls. They are awesome :)

Julie said...

Your RRs are beautiful and will make nice bell pulls.