More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Friday, October 19, 2007

Greetings from Ganenoque!


Well Lynn and I have arrived safe and sound from our homes to the Ganenoque Inn ... in Ganenoque, where else? I'm sitting here in the cosy lobby of the Inn blogging to you... the wireless connection was pretty weak in our room. So here I am, in my pyjamas in the lobby just so I can say hi to all of you.


Did you know that today was National Library Technician's Day? Well it was in Canada (just recently declared by the Canadian Library Association) , and many of the teachers took a moment to either drop me a line or stop by and let me know just how much they appreciated my help. That was very nice to hear! So to all you Library Techs out there, Happy Library Tech Day!


I arrived in Gan. late afternoon and got myself checked in my room... lucky Lynn she was here already and stitching away in the St. Lawrence room! I got my stuff tucked away into our room and headed down there where I pulled out my model and got to beading. I have to say not much really got done this evening. There was a lot of talking and visiting with fellow retreaters! Before dinner we had a lovely wine and cheese hosted by the Inn. That's when I ran into Jeannette Douglas and we had a fantastic chat getting up to date on each other's lives. Next was a fantastic dinner, Jeannette was kind enough to have dinner with Lynn and I, we were also joined by Maria the owner of the Cross Stitch Cupboard. We had some great conversations... many of them stitching related.


Dinner was just to die for! The food here at the Inn is fine dining. I had a chicken breast stuffed with cranberries and pine nuts served on a bed of risotto. Mmmmmm! I stared with a roasted tomato and garlic soup and had a chocolate torte for dessert! Other selections on the menu were things such as salmon, rack of lam and steak. I wonder what will be on the menu for tomorrows meals?


We've spent the last couple of hours stitching, but our eyes are starting to give out on us... and we have to get up early for our class in the morning with Jeannette!


Unfortunately I haven't pulled out my camera once yet so no new photos for you! So the one above is from the retreat in 2004 of Jeannette and I at the end of the weekend.

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

Have a great time, sounds like you are so far!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I am so jealous! lol. Sounds like you're having a great time. One day I will get over the water to one of those retreats. That would be my dream holiday.

Keep the photo's and posts coming then at least I can dream I'm there with you all :o)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Well now I'm jealous! And all that good food...I'm doubly so! :)
I hope you and Lynn have a FANTASTIC TIME!!!

Alberta said...

I hope you enjoyed it all! Personally the gorgeous scenery would be tough to ignore while I stitched. "Gan" is simply gorgeous this time of year...why did my sister move away???? Now I have to make an excuse to visit there!

Kathy A. said...

You are not supposed to have that much fun without me!! Looks like a great time. Enjoy my friend

Erica said...

Sounds like you're having a great time already! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Beatrice said...

Yumm..The food and the company sound wonderful. Good for you!! Enjoy and do take some pictures please.
They are always fun to look at.
Glad you and Kathy had a nice time in the big O.

CritterLady62 said...

It sounds like a wonderful place for a retreat! Enjoy!

Lynne said...

How I wish I could be there too. Enjoy yourselves !!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time!