More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, October 29, 2007

Fair & Square Round 3 Received

Wow, last night I shared with you what I stitched up for Pokua for round 3 of Fair & Square. Well what was in today's mail but her piece for me! And I just love it. The design says Amite which is french for friendship, how lovely!


She also spoilt me with some lovely blue ribbon that mimics a tape measure and a gorgeous scissor fob! I went through all my scissors and they all have fobs. Guess I'm going to have to order a new pair of scissors... oh the horror!

Tonight I finished up all the cross stitch on Of Farm and Field, tomorrow I'll tackle the backstitching. I don't know about you folk but I always underestimate when I'm going to finish a piece... I'm always off by a day to a week (depending on the size I suppose). I was pretty sure I was going to finish Heather's RR today, I even took it to work and stitched a little during lunch. I guess my 2 1/2 hr nap when I got home didn't help but I had a borderline migraine all afternoon and I pretty much passed out! Once that is done... then I'll be pulling out Paradigm Lost!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

We all wish (or think) we are faster stitchers than we really are. I am trying to time myself more so that I don't fall into the habit of looking at something that will take me a month and say, "Hey, that's not so big. I can finish it this weekend." Realizing just how LONG things take is also helping me cut down on stash. Right now I probably have enough stash for 50 years!

Mindi said...

Both F&S exchanges were wonderful. I love the red Pokua used for you, and your sheep were so cute.

Anonymous said...

I guess the 2.5 hour nap did help since you don't mention any frogging ;-) Have fun finishing the piece and starting paradigm lost. Ann

Von said...

Taking that nap sounds like good medicine if it headed off a migraine, Dani! There's still lots of time to get the rr done. :)

Cheryl said...

These squares are gorgeous!

Sara said...

Cool exchange pieces:) Hope you were able to avoid the migraine, they are definitely not fun!

Anonymous said...

Does your cellphone have a fob? That beaded fob would look food on a cellphone.

The exchange piece is very pretty.

Hope you are feeling better.

Crossed Yarns said...

Dani, I'm really pleased you liked your exchange piece and fob (which I also made) Hope you'll at least get to start your Canadian quilt!